Sunday, January 1, 2012

homenaje to the overlapping hilos of time

Tonight Aaron gave me my 2012 horoscope on University Avenue in San Diego. Aaron, you have not offended me. You have delighted me with your gorgeous eyelashes and tipsy sincerity, you are so handsome. These are for you:

Nonadaptation

I was not made to live anywhere except in Paradise.

Such, simply, was my genetic inadaptation.

Here on earth every prick of a rose-thorn changed into a wound.
whenever the sun hid behind a cloud, I grieved.

I pretended to work like others from morning to evening,
but I was absent, dedicated to invisible countries.

For solace I escaped to city parks, there to observe
and faithfully describe flowers and trees, but they changed,
under my hand, into the gardens of Paradise.

I have not loved a woman with my five senses.
I only wanted from her my sister, from before the banishment.

And I respected religion, for on this earth of pain
it was a funereal and a propitiatory song.

--Czeslaw Milosz

wild horses by mazzy star

No comments: